Swieqi United operates rather differently from other clubs. The organisation strongly believes in a ‘One Team – One Club’ Philosophy meaning that all sectors are treated equally, there is no preferential treatment towards certain players and coaches and the Academy [U5 – U17s] and Seniors team [U19s, Men & Women’s Seniors Teams & Futsal Squads] are managed by ONE committee.
The Philosophy of the Academy can be summarised as follows:
• The Academy focuses on the holistic development of young individuals; every player will be engaged to learn and develop his/her skills on and off the pitch, such as self-discipline, communication, concentration, team work, self-motivation, leadership etc.
• The Academy's programme for learning is naturally centred on football activities (skill/tactical), educating our players on aspects of fitness, nutrition and healthy living.
• The Academy provides a welcoming environment, which is professionally structured to offer the opportunity for young players to thrive and gain success in a fun way.
• The Academy will provide a disciplined environment where the players will work together to take pride in themselves, their surroundings and the football club.
• The Academy will promote and support good outcomes in terms of health, development and educational achievement of our players.
• The Academy benefits from affiliations with local and foreign clubs and sport associations in order to offer the players a variety of pathways aimed at further development.